Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Two more squares from this past week

It's been a very busy week, quilt-wise. I got a few in the mail, was given some in person, made some myself, and hosted a quilting bee to get a few more squares from my league-mates. Many are still in the works, and I'm awaiting a CD of images from the bee. For now, you'll have to be happy with the following two lovely squares.

First, from the Dockyard Derby Dames of Tacoma, Washington:

Each of their home teams is represented: the Marauding Mollys, the Femme Fianna, the Trampires, the Hellbound Homewreckers, and their travel teams too. I love the different team logos!

... and this square from Killary Clinton, a freshmeat skater who joined BDD after reffing for another league.

She gave this to me as a birthday present at my surprise party. I can't get over the precise lettering, or the clean lines on the derby girl figure. Check out those button-wheels! Holy crafty, Batman.

More pics will come when I get more. I also hear I have a few packages in the mail too. Until then, check out this image of the quilt so far:


-- Post From My iPhone