Thursday, June 24, 2010

Help me make this into a book

I've decided to self-publish a full-color book on the quilt. The thing is, this won't be cheap. Thus, I've altered my little donation button in the upper-righthand corner of this blog to reflect my new cause and my new goal: Raise enough money to be able to sell this book to all of you lovely people who would like it for your coffee table.

I'd like to do a full color book, probably paperback, with close-ups of each square I've received or created myself since this adventure began. Where possible, I'd also like to get photos of the people who contributed (those who are willing, of course) and/or any quotes they'd like to share. Thus, if you've donated a square already, I'll be hunting you down soon.

I can personally guarantee that your donations will be well worth it. The donated squares are dynamite thus far, and I assure you that my fancy RISD art school edumacation will make for some lovely page layouts. *bats eyelashes*


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It might be worthwhile to submit to http://www.kickstarter.com/

If you're not familiar, it's a site where creative types submit their ideas, and people sign up to support it. They don't have to pay unless you raise enough to get the proejct to happen (and you choose how much that is). People can sign up at various donation levels and you can choose what people get at each level. So for example, you could determine how much the book will cost to produce, how many you'll produce, and then set up a donation level for a book that will cover those costs. That way people get a book, and you get to raise enough money to make it. It's quite neat.

The popular webcomic Tiny Kitten Teeth did this:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beckyandfrank/tigerbuttah-a-hand-painted-all-ages-story-inspire

It was a small book, so $20 got you an autographed copy.

Anyway you certainly don't have to do this, but I thought I would make the suggestion. Good luck with the book!

Cheers