Thursday, June 3, 2010

A real quilt workshop!

I've never had a space of my own other than a bedroom. That ended this weekend when we moved into our new apartment:


I have so much room. I can even divide things into areas. I'm making a sewing area, a reading area, a computer area, a printmaking area... I have space to have all of those and leave work out overnight in every one at once. What perfect timing, considering I need to show five panels of this giant quilt monster for my thesis show this summer. 


This is going to make such a difference in my work. Being able to make things and not have to clean up nightly so that Steve has a place to sit, or the pets won't eat the pieces, or food won't spill all over it. I can't believe I finally have this.

Last night I stayed up until midnight cleaning and organizing. I have a long way to go until it's ready, but even knowing it's up there is the most wonderful feeling ever. I'm so excited I can barely concentrate. There are simply no words to adequately describe how happy I am. 

No comments: