Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Packing for Eastern regionals


Suburbia Roller Derby was kind enough to hook me up with some hanging space for the quilt this weekend during the WFTDA Eastern Regionals tournament. How nice are they, eh? I couldn't be happier. Well, now that I've figured out a possible way to maybe hopefully hang it up, I couldn't be happier. 

You see, the old hanging system was just godawful. I have no desire to ever see binder clips again let alone use the things to hold up a heavy, ten-foot-by-ten-foot quilt. Last night I put our sewing machine through hell attaching a ten-foot tube to house a length of rope. Hopefully this will be sufficient to keep this bugger off the ground for three days.

I'll have to ask if there's a nearby hardware store just in case something goes terribly awry. I hope to avoid spending my trip to regionals standing on a ladder and holding up the quilt with my hands.

No comments: