Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Next Stop: Nationals

One of the other things that has kept me from having blog-time has been planning for the quilt's next trip: Uproar on the Lakeshore, the 2010 WFTDA National Championship Tournament.

Exhibiting the quilt at regionals was a blast. I can only imagine how much fun it will be to throw in derby at the national level, deep dish pizza, sausage, and the pride that will (hopefully) come from overcoming my crippling fear of flying to actually make this trip.

My poor husband will have to babysit me on the plane. I predict a lot of hand crushing holding.

2 comments:

Mags said...

yay for national viewing!!! glad i get to see you this weekend too. :)

Estrogeena Davis said...

You know, I find that a nip (or two or three) of Jagermeister right before boarding the plane really takes the edge off my discomfort with floating in the sky in a glorified tuna can with some stranger at the helm. And I've flown A LOT. And had A LOT of Jagermeister :)