Saturday, July 24, 2010

I started this. Oh my god.

The other night I got a glimpse of the quilt partially assembled. Three sections are together. Because I'm my father's child, it totally made me cry.

I don't know what it was that overwhelmed me. Maybe it was seeing how far it's come. It could have been realizing the amount of hard work it took to get it to this state. I'd also been up past midnight for two nights in a row, so I was really exhausted.

I keep coming back to one thing, though: this whole time I had absolutely no idea what "it" would look like. It's not done, but now I can see the finished result in my head, and it's beautiful. Yeah, I have no words for that feeling. Just look at my face and you'll see.

I'm holding off on posting photos of the large strips finally pieced together, but I promise you, they look absolutely amazing. Come to the exhibit and see for yourself.

1 comment:

Ginamonster said...

Are you still accepting squares?