Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oak Park Illinois?

My most regular visitor (according to my feed widget) is from Oak Park Illinois. Here are some fun facts about Oak Park for those of you who, like me, live too far from this fine place to learn about it through direct experience. For now teh intarmets tell us:

Joseph Kettlestrings purchased the land that was to become Oak Park waaay the hell back in 1837. He paid $215.98 for the land.

• Oak Park was home to Earnest Hemingway. You may recognize his rather severe manner of dressing if you're not much of a reader.

• For those of you less interested in great literature, Dan Castellaneta came from Oak Park. You may know him as the voice of Homer Simpson.

Frank Lloyd Wright spent a chunk of his architectural career here. Some of his early work, like Unity Temple, graces the streets.

I don't think I know anyone from this place, so hey there stranger! I wanted to say hello because it's neat that you've been reading me so regularly. I hope I'm keeping it interesting for you.

No comments: