Monday, February 8, 2010

Como Derby Dames (or "oh my god, where did this post go?)

I had a wonderful dream many, many moons ago. I dreamt that I blogged about a beautiful square from the CoMo Derby Dames of Colombia Missouri. I waxed poetic about the awesomeness of this square, and if I do say so myself, it was some of the best writing I've ever done. Then I woke up and realized that this never actually happened. I occasionally hit my head pretty hard at practice, and it's clear that my memory is going.

Since I can't hope to re-create that blog post in all its glory, here's a new one. Cool square, eh? The whole league signed a handkerchief emblazoned with the league logo. I love individual squares, but when a whole league contributes to one, I think it's especially cool. Togetherness, sister (and/or brother) hood, teamwork... how very derby. I'd love to see more whole-league squares like this, so keep 'em coming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was our pleasure! Thanks for including us in such a fantastic project!

With derby love,

Maimy Fisher

todds katyann said...

I wasn't part of the team during this but absolutely love what you're doing... we are such a wonderful sister(and brother)hood! You're always welcome in COMO!

Hot Cross Buns

Roxy Horror said...

No problem lady! I'm glad to see you received it.

Love hugs and (no) elbows,
Roxy Horror

anneelizabethgriffin said...

Thanks for letting us be part of the quilt!

Derby love,

Brick James