Thursday, February 11, 2010

Who needs a coffee table anyway?

I've been unable to think about nearly anything else but putting this quilt together for the past couple of weeks. This is one of the most wonderful feelings I've felt in a long time. It's like a fancy, appliquéd quilting muse is chilling on my coffee table, giving me a back massage while we watch Project Runway together. I don't want it to stop!

I'm about halfway through putting together the blocks, but that leaves connecting the strips, making the quilt sandwich, and finally quilting the whole thing together. Oh, and of course there's starting all over again with the new squares I've gotten over the past couple of months. Man, I hope people send me squares forever, because I'm having so much fun I might actually die.

I'm sure my husband is very sick of the quilt taking up the living room table. Hopefully I can bang out a few more strips this weekend so he has a place to put his laptop again. However, my cat will be mad, as he loves lying on the scraps. Pleasing the men in my life is just impossible sometimes.

No comments: